Young Investigators Award
Stichting Astma Bestrijding (SAB)
Dutch Foundation for Asthma Prevention
The SAB Best Paper Award is presented every year to a young investigator who performed his/her research in a Research Institute (including general practice) or (Academic) hospital in the Netherlands, or a young Dutch investigator who performed his/her research abroad.
Criteria for the award are:
- Young investigators are defined as being under 40 years of age on 31-12-2022.
- Young investigators need to be (shared) first or last author on a paper.
- Manuscripts must have a topic within the field of asthma, COPD or obstructive lung disease, and the topic must fit the goals of the Stichting Astma Bestrijding. Young researchers should also provide information on “advancement of the field”: what is the significance of the findings.
- The 2023 competition will refer to papers published in 2022. Manuscripts must have a publication date in 2022. Online pre-publications, that will have a publication date in 2023 are not eligible.
- Each young investigator can submit one paper in this competition.
- Manuscripts can be categorized into two broad categories: Basic research or applied research. The applicant has to indicate which of those two categories fits their manuscript best.
Manuscripts will be scored on three criteria:
- (fundamental) innovation;
- (clinical) relevance;
- significance of the findings.
The weighing of the scores depends on the chosen category.
The awardee will be selected from applications by SAB before November 1st, who will announce the winner to the NRS Board and the YI Board. The Young Investigator Board invites the awardee to the Young Investigator Symposium in November 2023, where the award of € 2.500,= will be presented by a representative of the SAB. The awardee(s) will report at the annual meeting of NRS (Longdagen 2024).
The Application Form should be sent together with the paper and a recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can submit your application starting July 15th, 2023
Deadline for submission is October 15th, 2023.
This award is sponsored by Stichting Astma Bestrijding (Dutch Foundation for Asthma Prevention)